we have recreated the crop tool since this is a central feature of nomacs. You can test it in this beta release. Please leave feedback here so we can improve it for the upcoming release.
nomacs 3.12 ships with a new icon theme, an improved dark theme, and speed-ups. Here are some other things that changed:
- recent files panel renewed
- new icon theme
- improved drag&drop of thumbnail preview (copy/move/link)
- editable zoom levels
- fill transparent background with a color added
- LAN client removed
- batch: original filename is added to the metadata
- frameless: multi-screen setup improved
- SVG: resulting image size can be adjusted when converting
- RLE compressed TGA support
- bug fixes
- quazip 0.7.6
- libraw 0.18
- exiv2 3.3.2
in nomacs 3.10.2 we have added a better multi user support because of your feedback.
Basically you can now create default settings that are applied to all user settings after the first start-up. Therefore, you have to export your desired defaults by “Edit > Settings > General > Export Settings” and name them “default.ini“. If you now replace the default.ini in the nomacs install directory, these settings will be applied if a new user starts nomacs for the first time.
– the nomacs team
HINT: the check for updates option is an issue for some large companies. Creating a default.ini with this content:
[SynchronizeSettings] checkForUpdates=false disableUpdateInteraction=true
will disable checking for updates. Additionally, users won’t be able to manually check for updates anymore.
nomacs 3.10 is the first feature release since ages. here are some highlights:
- anti-aliasing improved
- printing improved
- print multiple pages from thumbnail preview
- animiated WebP support
- JPG compressed TIFFs supported
- batch cropping added
- PSD lib updated
- new translations: Bosnian, Croation, and Serbian
- Updates (Windows)
- Qt 5.9.3 -> 5.11.0
- OpenCV 3.3.1 -> 3.4.1
[EDIT] nomacs 3.10.2 fixes issues with e.g. mng animations and adds a better implementation for multi-user systems.
nomacs 3.8.0 is out. This release mainly improves stability and features a new (msi) installer for windows.
- New MSI installer (Windows)
- Full PhaseOne Support (Monochrome)
- RAW loader optimized (less RAM & speed-up)
- RAW loading improved (pink pixels reduced)
- Drag & Drop fixed (Linux)
- Batch resize fixed
- GPS link fixed
- Translation downloader fixed
Please uninstall nomacs manually before installing the new version.
— the nomacs team
Since a lot of you were asking for a blind installer and/or an msi installer. We have now created an msi installer with nomacs 3.6 beta. We would be happy if you could test this installer and leave feedback here, so that switching to msi in the next version works smooth.
— the nomacs team
we had a lot of time for coding in winter – so here is a new nomacs with the beginning of spring. We manly reworked the image adjustments and added a few such as exposure correction. Here is the complete changelog:
– Image adjustments introduced
– Exposure added
– Improved profiles
– Image adjustments added
– Settings for batch plugins
– Extended tab functions (thanks to @cornytrace)
– Settings Editor
– Icons for high DPI displays
– Crash on exit fixed for Linux with Qt 5.7.1
– Updates (Windows)
– Qt 5.5.1 -> 5.7.0
– OpenCV 3.1 -> 3.2
[EDIT] we had to draft a hotfix for translations were not loaded properly in nomacs 3.6.0. So if you already updated to 3.6 please update again to 3.6.1
following the successful Google Summer of Code participations in 2012 – 2014 together with the CSE @ TU Wien we are accepted again in 2016. If you are interested in earning money while developing at an Open Source project… this is your chance! You can find more details on how to apply here.
— the nomacs team