Issue with themeing under Xenial; a Solution to QT5 themeing issues in xenial ... and a report that Nomacs is still insists in KDE dialogs even under GTK.
|Version:||3.2||Operating System:||Linux 64bit|
Many QT5 apps are not themed properly or at all in Ubuntu 16.04. For example, the latest Nomacs under Xenial displays some GTK colors, but uses QT dialogues and toolbars etc.. There is currently no QT5_Config to address this issue. Therefore, those who do not want to wait for one if it ever comes, there is another tool that works very well, and is in the repos! qt5ct
Steps to fix QT5 themeing issues in Xenial:
1) Install qt5ct
sudo apt-get install qt5ct
2) Set the OS environment variable correctly so the qt5ct app will work:
sudo nano /etc/environment
3) Add the following line to the environment file:
4) Run qt5ct and set your style to GTK+ and log out and in. Done.
Note that you can do this on a per user basis instead of globally.
1) Instead of editing the OS environment variable, using a text editor (or nano) edit the following per user file:
2) Add the following line to the bottom:
3) Run qt5ct and set your style to GTK+ and log out and in. Done.
QT5 apps are now themed properly including Nomacs.
However, Nomacs still uses QT dialogs that belong in KDE but not GTK. I would love to have that fixed as key combos can be different and using a different sequence of keystrokes just because Nomacs dialogs are KDE is annoying.